John Carbone Centre
John Carbone Centre (JCC) is an active, stimulating environment that promotes learning and growth. The program not only serves clients from SurexCARE but also serves individuals living at home and with other community providers. It operates Monday-Friday, 8am to 4pm year round. The program offers several components. These program components are designed to meet the specific needs and challenges of each person. We stress active participation and integration into the community wherever possible.
The program components include:
- Recreation – provides leisure and recreation opportunities and an atmosphere to promote socialization.
- Routines & Structure – provides familiarity and predictability through routines; maintain and enhance daily living skills, maintain and develop communication and social skills, promote health nutrition and fitness balance.
- Training – provides academic learning opportunities, maintain and develop communication skills and build social skills.
- Sensory – provides a high level of physical and emotional support and care in a stimulating and safe environment.
- Community Events – provides opportunities for community inclusion.
Application Process for JCC
- Contact the manager of the Community Supports Program: Melissa Pateras at 416-299-0202 x 225
- A phone interview/screening will be conducted to access the needs and requirements of the individual
- A meeting and tour of JCC will be booked with the individual seeking support and with their guardian/caregiver
- The Manager of the Community Supports Program will contact the individual and their guardian/caregiver regarding placement options
- Intake package to be completed and the contract signed
Fees for Services (Staff to Client Ratio)
1:6 $50 – $60 per day
1:4 $70 – $80 per day
1:1 $200 – $255 per day